Thus I Wrote

You're never alone, if you've something to share

For When The Rains Came

with 8 comments

Rain-In-Paris

If there is no God,
We’ve no one to blame,
For when the rains came;
And if there is no God,
We’ve no one to blame,
For when the storms came;

We predict the weather,
Create cities for shelter,
We share & work together
So tomorrow is better;
We find a natural solution,
The incremental execution,
Of a billion year evolution,
For our miracle resolution.

We make our human condition,
With democratic submission,
We accept subtraction and addition,
Without prayer or contrition,
We believe in what we agree,
And accept what we must be,
Without the shouting and wails,
Of medieval fairy tales.

Advertisements

Written by thus.i.wrote

December 1, 2015 at 10:11 am

8 Responses

1. Awesome rhyme and good message!

Amra Ismail

December 1, 2015 at 10:31 am

2. But if we throw out the good along with the bad, we’ve no hope to yet create, the beauty we once had.) No fairy tale in Christ.)

Christ Centered Teaching

December 1, 2015 at 10:59 am

• There is beauty in the teaching of Christ just as for me there is beauty in the music of Nick Cave or the paintings of Picasso or the writings of Scott Fitzgerald or the philosophy of Nietzche. We know Christ the man existed and we know his teachings and we have learned from them and we have built on them and moved on. But we do not have to go back to the Old testament laws because they are outdated they were created for a people in the desert. We have taken the best and discarded the rest. People need hope. If they need to believe in a God to give them that hope that that is their personal choice and I respect that. I will not disrespect anybody’s dreams…but that is personal to each individual. I do not agree with the mass consumption and propagation of God driven fairytales that stunt the growth of groups and individuals and are used by the cynical to socially control the masses and cause them to do barbaric acts. This has happened many times in the name of God by evil men in all religions.

thus.i.wrote

December 1, 2015 at 11:11 am

• Thank you for reading and commenting….

thus.i.wrote

December 1, 2015 at 11:13 am

3. That is why I follow Christ and not men. You can look at the life of Jesus and you will never find anything wrong with Him.
    My personal view is that we abandoned Him and His example. I believe we need to go back to Him. We are not evolving.

Christ Centered Teaching

December 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm

• You can look at the life of Jesus and you will never find anything wrong with Him.

I could but I guess you could not…but that’s not productive.

I believe we need to go back to Him. We are not evolving.

We never left him …we took his teaching and have built on it as we have built on many other valuable teaching. I believe we are evolving but Christ is not the centre of the world anymore and that may give a different perspective.

thus.i.wrote

December 1, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I could but I guess you could not…but that’s not productive.

I believe we need to go back to Him. We are not evolving.

We never left him …we took his teaching and have built on it as we have built on many other valuable teaching. I believe we are evolving but Christ is not the centre of the world anymore and that may give you a different perspective. If you have some concrete ideas that we should be doing that we are not then put them forward..on your site …and if they have value they will be used.

thus.i.wrote